Memorandum of Understanding
The Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway
The Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers
It is agreed:
Upon signing by the respective parties, the following changes will take place on a six (6) month trial basis.
- The “Book” will be no longer used.
- Layoff requests may be submitted up to 90 days in advance of the requested day off. PL Day(s), One-day-at-a-time vacation days, or non-paid (personal) requests may be submitted.
- All layoff requests must be entered in the TSS Crew Calling System.
- Exceptions may be made for emergency or unexpected requests and by those without computer access.
- All requests will be processed on a “First come first served” basis. All submitted requests will be acted upon (Approved or denied) within five (5) to seven (7) days of the date entered in the computer; every effort will be made to process the requests within 72 hours.
- The quota for number of engineers at Vancouver allowed off per day will be increased from eight (8) to eleven (11) engineers.
This Memorandum of Understanding is on a trial basis for six (6) months, from the date of the signing. At the end of that trial period, either party may either make this understanding permanent, or cancel the understanding. In the event of cancellation, the “Book” will be re-instated forthwith.
Byron Gohl (S) Richard E. Etienne (S)
Byron Gohl Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers Div. 758
Crew Superintendent, Seattle Service Region. Local Chairman Vancouver WA.