THE BURLINGTON NORTHERN AND SANTA FE RAILWAY COMPANY
THE BROTHERHOOD OF LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEERS
The purpose of this trial agreement is to further BNSF’s work/rest efforts by providing a minimum period of undisturbed rest to locomotive engineers in unassigned pool freight service at their home terminals.
IT IS AGREED:
1. Locomotive engineers in unassigned pool freight service will not be called for service at their home terminals prior to receiving eight (8) hours undisturbed rest. For purposes of this Agreement “undisturbed rest” means that The Carrier (typically Crew Support) will not contact engineers to inform them of their on-duty time until the engineer has had eight (8) consecutive hours off, measured from the last off-duty time.
2. Pool engineers who have not had eight (8) consecutive hours of undisturbed rest at their home terminals are not eligible to be called to work.
3. Any engineer who is erroneously called prior to the expiration of eight hours undisturbed rest will not be entitled to any claim or penalty for such error, but may refuse the call.
4. Each pool engineer subject to this agreement may be run around without penalty by following engineers during the former’s period of undisturbed rest.
5, This Agreement modifies existing agreements only to the extent set forth in this Agreement and all other schedule rules and agreements remain in effect.
6. This Agreement may be cancelled by either party upon five (5) days’ written notice on the other party after sixty (60) days from its effective date.
Signed at Ft. Worth this 19th day of July 2000.
For The Brotherhood For The Burlington Northern and
of Locomotive Engineers. Santa Fe Railway Company
MW Geiger Jr. (S) GA Smallwood (S)
General Chairman AVP Labor Relations